Burnhouse Lochan Fishery
Situated in the heart of the central belt of Scotland, Burnhouse Lochan Fishery offers a unique and relaxing country escape.
Sharing the banks with our resident herd of Red Deer, anglers get to experience nature at its finest, with regular visits from Ospreys, Kingfishers, Canada Geese and so much more. There is ample insect life, with natural reed beds fed from spring through the Skipperton Burn.
This 2-acre picturesque “fly-only” fishing, Lochan is stocked with only grade “A” Rainbow, Blue and Tiger Trout. We also have homegrown stunning natural wild Brown Trout.
A friendly, professional atmosphere welcomes angler’s to our Scandinavian style lodge, where you can purchase permits, hire rod’s and book individual tuition. You can also purchase refreshments, snacks and a varied selection of locally tied flies.
Fishing sessions must be pre-booked before arriving at the fishery.
Please call May on 07949 220511 to book.
Please note no one will be allowed on site, unless they have pre-booked a fishing peg.
Top tips for social distancing while fishing
Fly Fishing, in general, is mostly a solitary sport, but there could be times when you may come in contact with someone out of your household.
Here are some helpful tips for social distancing while fishing:
- Fish locally and avoid long-distance travel.
- Fish alone or with people from your household.
- Keep 2 meters apart – social distancing with other fishermen.
- Remember to pre-book to avoid disappointment, particularly in peak season.
- Bring your own food and drink to reduce potentially coming into contact with others.
- If you are unwell and display the symptoms of COVID-19, stay at home.